2/03/2016

My Favorite Things Challenge Guest Designer

Hey everybody! I am immensely thrilled to be the Guest Designer for the My Favorite Things Challenge this month (or as Susan calls it: Miss February :))! The new release is amazing again and I have enjoyed playing with the supplies and the fun sketches very much. Here comes the MFT Sketch #266:


A wonderful sketch that makes it easy, isn't it? This is my take:


I started with a panel of watercolor paper that I trimmed slightly smaller than my red card base. Then I masked the edges with masking tape and applied various blue inks with an ink blending tool. I added ink splatters and water droplets and let everything dry. Now I stamped and heat-embossed the tiny stars from Starry Night Background Builder using white embossing powder and adhered the panel to the card. I stamped and die-cut the little spaceship from Out of This World and colored it with pencils. Then I adhered it to the card with foam tape. Now I stamped the sentiment onto a strip of watercolor paper, rounded the left corners, trimmed it and adhered it with foam tape, too. Finally, I die-cut little stars using Stars in the Sky Die-namics and adhered them to my Milky Way, together with wood veneer stars and clear sequins to finish the card off.


I hope you like it and that you'll join us for the challenge! Find all the details and the samples of the MFT Design Team here on the MFT Challenge & Inspiration Blog!
Thanks for stopping by today!

Vanessa
   

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooo fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~amy~ said...

Super FUN!!!

Susan R. Opel said...

Yayyyyy!

Julia said...

soooo cooooool! :D
Miss February! :D WIe süß. <3