8/03/2015

Masked Word + Watercolors

Hello! Today I have a card using a fun technique that I showed in this video. I made the card for two Simon Says Stamp challenges. The SSS Wednesday Challenge "Anything Goes" and the SSS Flickr Challenge "Your Favorite Technique". There are a lot of techniques I love to use, but masking happens quite often. So I chose this one for this card:


I die-cut the word from painter's tape and adhered it to the card. Then I applied Distress Inks with a lot of water for the background. The bear and the balloon from the MFT Birdie Brown set "Birthday Bears" were colored with Copics. I hope you like it!


Thanks for visiting!

Vanessa

   
   
   

4 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is adorable!! I love the way you masked the word. I never though to die cut painters tape. I like that the distress ink didn't seep under the tape. Fabulous design. Thank you for this technique.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooo precious!!!!!!

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Vanessa, such a pretty blended background with an adorable cute bear and wonderful details!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

nailgirl said...

what an adorable card! i really like how you used the distress inks too!!