1/01/2015

Winnie & Walter's 1st Birthday Bash Challenge


Hello and happy New Year to you!!! This new year is starting with a bang, because it's the 1st birthday of Winnie & Walter and we'll celebrate all month long. To start, we prepared a lot of fun challenges for you. With a lot of amazing prizes!

My challenge for you is a "Gradient Challenge". I love the gradient look and there are so many techniques and ways to achieve it. Here are my samples for you:


I used ink blending and Creative Screenings for all my samples. On this first one, I used the large hello mask from "The Big, the Bold, and the Happy Creative Screenings" and adhered it to my cardstock panel with non-permanent adhesive. Then I softly applied various Distress Inks around it, applying more ink near the word and less and less towards the paper edges. Now I added some droplets of ink from blue and gold spray ink and let it dry. After adhering my panel to the cardbase, I finished the card off with sequins (as I did with all my cards :o)).


Here I used "Scenery: V for cheVron Creative Screenings" and applied pigment ink through the largest V of the stencil. Again, I applied more ink in the middle and less towards the outer ends. I adhered the panel to the cardbase and inked another piece of cardstock. I die-cut the "happy" using "The Big, the Bold, and the Happy Cutaways" and adhered it to the card. Then I stamped and heat-embossed the rest of the sentiment onto a strip of black cardstock and adhered it with foam tape.


For the last card, I used "Scenery: Triangled Creative Screenings" with Distress Inks again. If you want to avoid getting ink into the wrong spaces, just use a sticky note to cover them while inking. Here my sentiment is heat-embossed with black glitter embossing powder.

I hope you like my samples and will join us!! Find my challenge here and all the other challenges here. Oh, and you really really don't want to miss the GIGANTIC Giveaway!!! You could win EVERY single stamp set Winnie & Walter releases in 2015!!! WHAT? Yes, yes, yes. Find it here.
Thank you for stopping by!

Vanessa

supplies:
Winnie & Walter stamps, dies, stencils - Ranger Distress inks, ink blending tool - Pretty Pink Posh sequins - Mama Elephant pigment ink - black glitter embossing powder, white embossing powder

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous cards Vanessa!
Happy New Year!

Anja said...

Ein glückliches neues Jahr, liebe Vanessa!
Deine Karten sind wieder ganz wunderbar! Mein Favorit ist die 2. Karte - total schön!
Liebe Grüße
Anja